Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hey There, Plain White T's!


So, not that I'm proclaiming the discovery of something that has been heretofore unnoticed, but I really have to give props to Plain White T's for producing one of the sweetest, most pleasant to listen to singles that I've heard in a while. I'm a huge lover of acoustic and this group uses it beautifully on Hey There Delilah, infusing it with the pangs of love and hope one would expect to find in a letter from a young romantic to his girl many miles away. It's melancholy but not in the way that's so depressing that it makes a person want to sleep for several hours. Hey There Delilah is simple, dreamy, and heart breakingly sincere. It doesn't matter what happens to the pair in the future...how could anything go wrong after writing a song like that? Hopeless romantics have an anthem here. Just the right amount of angst to satisfy...it feels like a throw back to something that I've yet to put my finger on...give me a couple days. I'll figure it out. If you have been hiding under a rock or busted out every single radio you've touched in the past few weeks, aquaint yourself with something very great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD CALL

Anonymous said...

hey--i think i might have this mystery solved-- yer from seattle, no? the name and the writing is so familiar--you write for a music publication out of seattle--i think. :) im from seattle.

Anonymous said...

I like the band and the blog.