Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

'New Girl' Gets Auto-Tuned



Apart from recapping Nashville, it's rare that I can find a way to bring the other types of pop culture that I love besides music onto this blog. That's why I'm a little bit giddy about this promo for Fox's New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel. If  The Musically Inclined had a TV section, I'd write with great frequency about how well the show's writers have navigated the will-they-won't-they relationship of roommates Jess Day (Deschanel) and Nick Miller (Jake Johnson). The characters have been circling each other all season, trying to claw their way to a decision on where to take a relationship that can exhibit everything from the worst habits of bickering siblings to the best instincts of good friends... and then there was that kiss. Now I get to blog about it because some dear person at Fox decided to slice together some clips from the show and Auto-Tune the damn thing a la the Gregory Brothers. And it's good– and every bit as satisfying to watch as the whole Nick/Jess wind up. I hope they never get together. Check it out.

No comments: