Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Imagine


I was just weeding through my RSS feeds when I saw on Rolling Stone that today is the 28th anniversary of John Lennon's death. Obviously, this is a yearly occurrence, but for some reason this time around I couldn't help but think that 28 years is really a long time.

Part of my reaction to this though, stems from a documentary I watched a few weeks ago about the 60s. In one section it talked about Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Keith Moon with regards to how young they died. Granted all their deaths were drug-related unlike Lennon and I don't think I'd put him in a talent level on his own with Hendrix, but still I was wondering what would have happened if these folks had even made it to 40. Think about it. Talent-wise, they were so far ahead to begin with, imagine 30, 40 years of tours and albums. Especially with Hendrix, it hardly seems as though he could have gotten any better. What's deeper than basically being one with the guitar? I'm sure we'll never know.

Peace, kids.

No comments: