Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Check It Out: Foxtails Brigade

A few weeks ago I got a really nice email from a band called Foxtails Brigade whose song "I'm Not Really in the Christmas Mood This Year" I'd included in my roundup of melancholic Christmas songs. I took their most recent album Time is Passed for a spin and really enjoyed it. It is, in a word, lovely. Anyone who has been reading TMI for a while might remember me going on about a British band called Their Hearts Were Full of Spring who also had a tug-on-your-heart prettiness. Delicate, shimmery, life-affirming chamber pop... when THWFOS disbanded it left a sizeable void in my music world. Foxtails Brigade is all those things. It's the kind of music you're happy to have in your life. 

Anyway, there are many good songs on this album, but the one I like the most is "We'll Always Have the Moon," which is a beautiful, dreamy love song that deserves status as a standard. If you've got a few spare moments, you can take the album for a test run here.

No comments: