Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Green Album, A Tribute to the Muppet Songbook


I learned all my best reporting practices from Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street News.



That's part of the reason why a tribute album to the Muppets will be the best part of the month of August this year. On the 23rd, artists like Andrew Bird, the Fray, Ok Go, Mat Kearny, My Morning Jacket and more will present The Green Album. And while I would love to see Rivers Cuomo challenge Miss Piggy to a cage fight for rights to the name, apparently Weezer is in on the project as well.

The track listing is as follows. Mark you calendars accordingly.

01. Muppet Show Theme Song : OK Go
02. Rainbow Connection : Weezer and Hayley Williams
03. Mahna Mahna : The Fray
04. Movin' Right Along : Alkaline Trio
05. Our World : My Morning Jacket
06. Halfway Down the Stairs : Amy Lee
07. Mr. Bassman : Sondre Lerche
08. Wishing Song : The Airborne Toxic Event
09. Night Life : Brandon Saller of Atreyu and Billy Martin
10. Bein' Green : Andrew Bird
11. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along : Matt Nathanson
12. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday : Rachael Yamagata

No comments: