Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rites of Spring 2009


Every year, Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN puts on a two-day music festival toward the end of the semester. It's like a mini Bonnaroo (in oh, so many ways). This year, my friend Lance and I at the Vision got press passes to cover it. I braved 12+ hours of live music over two days, and enough cigarette smoke to shave several months off my life. Flaming Lips and T.I. headlined, though the latter was possibly the weakest link in the festival. Check out my recaps below to find out who rocked, who sucked and how Teletubbies fit into the situation.

Rites of Spring Day One
Rites of Spring Day Two

Money quote of the weekend, courtesy of the idiot standing next to me during N.E.R.D: 

"Why do you have a notebook at a concert?"

No comments: