Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

100th Post and Other Happenings


Yay! This is officially the 100th post of The Musically Inclined. Sounds like a good reason for a party, but really the purpose of this post is a little update about things around here...just some house keeping.

1. My Chris Walla/Ultimate College Bowl article is here if you want to read what that lovable, politically concerned, vegetarian had to say. After several hours of fine crafting, I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it.

2. Totally forgot to say that the Killers album, Day and Age, comes out November 25th-- right in the prime of Christmas shopping season. This should be interesting. Look for a review at least by New Years. Hey, I've got a Christmas list too, you know.

3. Another review to look out for came about when a band called Heavy Jack gave me a  shout out a few weeks ago and sent me a copy of their album Multiply. So far so good, there's definitely skill there. So, keep an eye out for that as well.

4. I've got two more reviews for Twisted Ear on the way, Max Tundra and Juana Molina. Those were fun.

5. Lastly, even though it has nothing to do with music, TMI is quite sad about the passing of Paul Newman. Cool Hand Luke is an excellent movie. Rent it.

Well, that's all I've got for now on this fine Sunday morning. Stay tuned, kids.

Peace

*Note: Those are not my cupcakes. I do not have that kind of time.

No comments: