Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Discoveries in The Basement: Keegan DeWitt


Here's my musical tip of the week. I've gotten to go to some shows for Next Big Nashville here in fabulous Nashvegas over the past few days. I've seen some pretty good acts. Yeasayer, for one was quite experience-- a potentially seizure-inducing experience, but enjoyable nonetheless. Only being mildly familiar with them, they were all kinds of unexpected. Kopecky Family Band also ripped it up pretty thoroughly Friday night at the Mercy Lounge. It was indie catharsis and they definitely busted out into the "Bed Intruder" song-- you can hardly beat that.

That said, one of my best discoveries from the past twoish days was Keegan DeWitt at The Basement on Thursday night. Sadly, I didn't get to hear the entire set with great attention because technically I was working (here's to journalism!), but what I heard was pretty fantastic. They brought a really infectious energy. Case in point: "Say La La." If you listen to nothing else on his MySpace page, listen to that song and just try to move on with your life. You will be back.

No comments: