Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oversight of the Decade


Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but that doesn't mean I haven't been kicking myself any less. Check a few entries down and you'll see that I reviewed Under the Pavement by The Travelling Band for Twisted Ear. The whole time I felt like there was something I was missing. Well, the other night I was watching some footage of Crosby, Stills, and Nash singing "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes" when it it hit me that these guys are all over the Travelling Band album and somehow it went right over my head. Specifically, give a listen to "Sweet City." It's incredibly reminiscent of "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes." Bah. I wish I could add in a line to the review but that ship sailed. Oh well. I'm saying it here. As an aside, Under the Pavement gets better and better every time I listen to it and the fact that I'm still hitting 'play' weeks after turning in the review should say a good deal.

No comments: