Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Your Life in an Album Title"


NPR's Robin Hilton blogged on the All Songs Considered site, posing the question, "what album name best sums up your life?" I was in a mildly goofy mood, so I took a stroll through my iTunes collection and pulled some album titles that could be used to sum up various lives. Giggle away (maybe?).

For a life sprinkled with regret:

What Have I Done - Anna Ternheim
A Hangover You Don't Deserve - Bowling for Soup
Yeah I Know - Darlings
What is All This Sweet Work Worth? - Milton & The Devils Party

For a life that was... wild, shall we say?:


Maybe You Should Drive - Barenaked Ladies
Joy Ride - Bob James
Nothing Left to Lose - Mat Kearney
Caught in the Trees - Damien Jurado

For a life that was just plain crazy:

Short Bus - Filter
Waiting For My Rocket to Come - Jason Mraz
Expensive Vomit in a Cheap Hotel - Sleeping in the Aviary
Some People Have Real Problems - Sia

And maybe tinged with aggression:

Evil Urges- My Morning Jacket
Beauty & Crime - Suzanne Vega
Cut You - Penelope Houston

For the life of optimism and/or ease:

Some Mad Hope - Matt Nathanson
Roll On - The Living End
You Can Have What You Want - Papercuts
Life of Leisure - Washed Out
All Good Things - Pacha Massive

But maybe life has been hard:

Survival - Forest Fire
Everything Goes Wrong - Vivian Girls (isn't that depressing?)

For the driven:

In Motion - Copeland
Plans - Death Cab for Cutie
Something to Be - Rob Thomas

For the not so driven:

Ambivalence Avenue - Bibio

And as for me?:

Paste Sampler 52. It's poetic, I know.

Cheers.

No comments: