Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Who knew?


The other day I saw this story come up on my Rolling Stone news feed. 3 Doors Down's new album hit no. 1. Seriously. I did not see this coming, in fact I wasn't completely sure they were together anymore. The fact is that in my mind, 3 Doors Down is one more blah bland, the perfect example of weak 90s "rock," barely hanging on to the fading strains of "Kryptonite." No where have I witnessed the anticipation that has accompanied Death Cab or Coldplay. I didn't even know they'd been working on an album. When was the last time anyone was heard talking about this band? When was the last time anyone was seen in one of their concert t's? I don't mean to sound snobby, but boy does this feel like it came out of left field. Even crazier is that this is their second consecutive album to debut at no. 1. Right now the Musically Inclined is a mix of flabbergasted and disgusted. Honestly, they're just not very good-- better than Creed, less nauseating than Third Eye Blind, but that's where the compliments end. They're weak and the only thing worse than a rock band being weak, is a rock fan who will buy that album. Hey, if they can sell any albums these days, kudos...but don't expect TMI to be happy about it.

No comments: